Any organization that is beginning the process of selecting and implementing new development software hopefully understands the need to have adequate leadership all through the process. An individual or team must be selected to lead the process of evaluating, selecting, implementing, customizing, and training end users to apply the new software. These people need to have a large amount of knowledge about how the corporation operates as a whole, including intimate knowledge of all processes, and also a good understanding of construction management software functionality. As such, There are compiled the following lists of individuals that should be included in this team, or should at the very least be consulted with if they cannot spend the proper time to the entire process. Additionally , I have listed various factors that should be a part of any software evaluation.
Input and Software Selection Team Members that are Good to Have
While larger companies will have the advantage of being able to assign one individual to oversee the full software selection process, all companies will need to get input by multiple areas of the company. The following segments of the entire lending broker should be included, to some extent, in the new software identification as well as evaluation team. Some of these members will need to be permanent participants of the team while others can be consulted on an “as needed” basis. To what extent members are “as needed” or even permanent will very depending on the company.
- – End-users
- instructions Management (all levels in large companies)
- – Marketing (they need to provide input on how the new software will probably impact their operations)
– Payroll – Regardless of when your company has an internal payroll department or uses an external payroll service, they will need to provide valuable input with regard to selecting new construction accounting software.
– IT (Information Technology) – Your IT department will play a vital role in installing the new software while allowing this company to not miss a beat. Thus, they will need to know exactly what is required from them for any potential software solution to identify areas where current hardware may not mesh with the new software.
- aid Other interfacing departments
- – Sub-contractors
- – Suppliers
- instant Vendors (once selected)
- – Other members that are thought necessary, which will vary depending on each unique company
- Components that All Companies Need to Consider and Evaluate
While small companies will likely not benefit from having a full team dedicated to finding new software, there are still things that all companies much think of when evaluating new construction estimating software.